Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I call my daughter Stinky Butt.

I'm not sure how or why I started calling her this, but I did and it stuck. Now it just comes right out of my mouth and I'm sure I get goofy looks from concerned parents who use traditional nicknames like Princess or Slugger or Kiddo. I think it all comes from my mom, who called us all McFly, and encouraged us to have insult contests in the car. We all have a pretty quick, if sometimes a bit dark, sense of humor and a good dose of self esteem. Personally, I like to think that I'm encouraging her to laugh at herself a little. I mean, I have to laugh every day at the stretch marks and dimples on my body!

2 comments:

  1. I Love the name stinky butt!! It is better to teach her to laugh at herself now and have a sense of humor than be wiping tears when she gets in school. Kids are mean! The more self confident she is now, the better!! It took me almost 40 years to be comfortable with myself and life is so much better without the constant worrying what others think. I am who i am, take it or leave it. I do hope that i have taught my own kids to be comfortable with themselves!
    And besides, she is such a cute stinky butt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call Sammy Fuzzy Butt... I have no idea where I got it from. :)

    ReplyDelete