Saturday, September 4, 2010

7 things I always have in my fridge.

1. 5 dozen eggs -- we eat eggs for breakfast almost every day, so we go through quite a few each week.

2. Mushrooms -- I only started eating mushrooms a few years ago, and now their a staple. The are the perfect topping for almost any meat, a great side dish alone or with other veggies, and add some more substance to easy scrambled eggs. I also love to grill portabello mushroom caps to serve as a foundation for crabcakes and hamburgers.

3. String Cheese -- a perfect protein snack that satisfies a salty craving.

4. Greek Yogurt -- I love Chobani-it's the best out there. The plain or vanilla mixes well with a lot of different toppings.

5. Onions -- just a good staple food that is useful for so many recipes.

6. Water -- doesn't matter where it comes from to start, I just have bottles of it around at all times. If it's already cold, I'm much more likely to drink it.

7. Fat free cool whip -- okay, so this isn't exactly the healthiest item, but a little bit on sugar free pudding or jello makes you feel like you're eating something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment